17-7PH (631) precitipation harding stainless steel bar, strip,
wire, seamless pipe
- Introduction of 17-7PH (631) precitipation harding stainless steel
- 17-7PH is a semi-austenitic precipitation-hardening stainless steel
that provides high strength and hardness, excellent fatigue
properties, good corrosion resistance and minimum distortion upon
heat treatment. It is easily formed in the annealed condition, and
then hardened to high strength levels by simple heat treatments to
Conditions RH 950 and TH 1050. The exceptionally high strength of
Condition CH 900 offers many advantages where limited ductility and
workability are permissible.
- In its heat-treated condition, this alloy provides exceptional
mechanical properties at temperatures up to 900 °F (482 °C). Its
corrosion resistance in both Conditions TH 1050 and RH 950 is
superior to that of the hardenable chromium types. In some
environments, corrosion resistance approximates that of the
austenitic chromiumnickel stainless steels. In Condition CH 900,
its general corrosion resistance is comparable to that of Type 304
stainless steels. Fabricating practices recommended for other
chromium-nickel stainless steels can be used for this material.
- l High strength
- l Moderately resistant to corrosion
- l Good elasticity,
- l Good resistance to relaxation and fatigue resistance
- Applications of 17-7PH (631) precitipation harding stainless steel
- l Springs
- l Washers
- l Blades
- l Fluid seal springs
- l Diaphragms
- l Pressings
- l Flexures
- l Encapsulated bellows
- Equal grades
- Chemical composition (%)
- Carbon 0.09 max.
- Manganese 1.00 max.
- Phosphorus 0.040 max.
- Sulfur 0.030 max.
- Silicon 1.00 max.
- Chromium 16.00 – 18.00
- Nickel 6.50 – 7.75
- Aluminum 0.75 – 1.50
- ASTM A693 Standard Specification for Precipitation-Hardening
Stainless and Heat-Resisting Steel Plate, Sheet, and Strip
- ASTM A564 Standard Specification for Hot-Rolled and Cold-Finished
Age-Hardening Stainless Steel Bars and Shapes
- AMS 5528 Sheet, Strip and Plate
- AMS 5529 Sheet and Strip – Cold Rolled
- ASTM A 693 Plate, Sheet and Strip
- Forms available at A-one Alloy
- Bar, strip, wire, seamless pipe, forging
- Delivery of 17-7PH (631) precitipation harding stainless steel
- Plenty of bars in stock. Strip could be delivered within 2 weeks.
For other products please contact A-one Alloy for confirmation.
* 17-4 PH, 17-7 PH and PH 15-7 Mo areregistered trademarks of AK