Nitronic 60(UNS S21800)
- Nitronic 60 stainless steel provides a significantly lower cost
alternative to fight wear and galling compared to cobalt and high
- Nitronic 60’s uniform corrosion resistance exceeds SS304 in most
media. Chloride pitting resistance is superior to SS316 and room
temperature yield strength is twice of SS304 or SS316. Nitronic 60
offers excellent high temperature oxidation resistance and low
temperature impact resistance.
- Applications of Nitronic 60
- Outstanding galling resistance at both room temperature and
elevated temperatures makes Nitronic 60 Stainless Steel a valuable
material for valve stems; seats and trim; fastening systems,
including nuts and bolts; chain drive systems; pins, bushings and
bearings; and pump components such as wear rings and lobes.
Nitronic® 60 is the most effective wear and galling resistant
material for bridge pins and is used in hydroelectric dam wear
applications. Cavitation erosion resistance of Nitronic 60 is
superior to the austenitic stainless steels as well as duplex
stainless steels making it highly successful for wear rings in
vertical centrifugal pumps. The combination of Nitronic 60 and
Nitronic 50 has replaced cobalt wear alloys in some cases. The use
of Nitronic 60 weld overlay on most other stainless steels and
certain carbon steels develops sound deposits with wear galling
resistant properties about equal to an all weld deposit.
- Equal grades
- Chemical composition
- AMS 5848 Bar / Forgings/ Wire
- ASTM A193 Grade B8S
- ASTM A194 / ASME SA194
- ASTM A276 / ASME SA276
- ASTM A479 / ASME A479
- ASME SA194
- ASME SA479 Grade B8S
- UNS S21800
- Forms available at A-one Alloy
- Bar, forging, ring, plate, strip, wire
- Delivery of Nitronic 60
- Plenty of bars in stock. Forging could be delivered with 2 weeks.
* Nitronic® is a registered trademark of AKSteel.